Purchasing life insurance is a big decision. You want to make sure that you have the right type and amount of coverage so that your loved ones won’t have to suffer financially – especially at an already difficult time in their lives.
The proceeds from life insurance can be used for any number of things, such as replacing a breadwinner’s income, paying off large debts such as a mortgage, and/or keeping promises such as paying for a child’s or a grandchild’s future college education.
When you are considering which life insurance policy is right for you, it is also important that you go with an insurance company that is strong and stable financially, and that has a good reputation for paying out its policyholder claims. One such insurance carrier that meets these criteria is Mass Mutual.
About Mass Mutual Life Insurance Company
Mass Mutual, which is the shortened version of the company’s true name – Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, has been in operation for over 165 years. The company’s motto has always been to assist people with securing their futures and to help clients in protecting the ones they love and care about.
This insurer is a mutual insurance company, which means that it is essentially owned by its policyholders. It also means that the company is not publicly held, and in turn, it does not have stockholders to satisfy concerning its revenue goals.
The policyholders of a mutual life insurance company may also be eligible to receive dividends. While these are not guaranteed, Mass Mutual has been consistently paying out dividends to its life insurance and disability insurance policyholders for more than 150 years.
Because dividends are considered to be a return of premium, they are not subject to taxation when they are received. Dividends can be used in several ways, including purchasing additional life insurance coverage, adding to the cash value component of a permanent life insurance policy, or receiving directly in cash.
Mass Mutual is considered to be quite strong financially. As of year-end 2015, the company grew its total adjusted capital to a record of more than $17 billion, with surplus of approximately $15 billion. That same year, Mass Mutual paid out roughly $4.5 billion in insurance and annuity benefits, and it ended the year with $642 billion in assets under management. Because of these figures, Mass Mutual is ranked 5th overall in the insurance industry, based on its capital and surplus. Based on its high revenues, Mass Mutual is also considered as one of the largest U.S. companies, and it is a part of the Fortune 500.
Due to Mass Mutual Life Insurance Company’s strength and stability, it has earned high ratings from the insurer rating agencies. These include an A++ (Superior) from A.M. Best Company, an AA+ (Very Strong) from Fitch, an Aa2 (Excellent) from Moody’s Investor Services, and an AA+ (Very Strong) from Standard & Poor’s.
The company has also received numerous awards and accolades throughout the years – including being recognized by the Ethisphere Institute – a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices – as a 2016 World’s Most Ethical Company.
Life Insurance Policies Offered Through Mass Mutual
Mass Mutual offers a long list of life insurance policy options to choose from – which can be extremely beneficial for its customers, as policyholders can choose the type (or types) of coverage that best fit their specific needs.
The insurance coverage that is provided by Mass Mutual includes:
- Term Life Insurance – Term life insurance offers pure death benefit protection only, without a cash value or savings build up. Because of that, term life is typically considered to be a very affordable type of life insurance coverage. Death benefit protection with term life is offered for a certain number of years – which is why term is oftentimes referred to as “temporary” coverage. These policies can be a viable option for covering the payoff of a home mortgage or ensuring that a loved one’s future college expenses are paid. Many companies – including Mass Mutual – will allow a term life insurance policy holder to convert their coverage over into a permanent form of coverage – often without the insured having to go through a medical examination.
- Whole Life Insurance – Whole life is a form of permanent life insurance protection. With a whole life insurance policy, there is death benefit coverage and a cash value component in the policy. The cash is allowed to grow on a tax-deferred basis, which means that there is no tax due on the growth of these funds unless or until they are withdrawn. With a whole life insurance policy, the death benefit and the premium are locked in for life – meaning that even as the insured gets older, the amount of the premium remains the same. The cash value grows at a set interest rate over time.
- Universal Life Insurance – Universal life insurance is another type of permanent life insurance coverage. With universal life, there is also a death benefit and a cash value component. However, this type of coverage is more flexible than whole life because with universal coverage, the insured can choose – within certain guidelines – how much of his or her premium goes towards the death benefit, and how much goes towards the cash value. The insured may also change the due date of the premium (also within certain parameters).
- Variable Universal Life Insurance – A variable universal life insurance policy, also a form of permanent coverage, there is a death benefit and a cash component. However, the return on the funds that are in the policy’s cash component are determined by various equity investments. This means that the cash value has the opportunity to grow more than that of a whole life or a regular universal life policy. There is also, however, more risk.
- Guaranteed Acceptance Coverage – Because there are some people who may not qualify for fully underwritten life insurance due to age or health, such as suffering from diabetes or high cholesterol, a guaranteed acceptance policy could be a good option. This is because these types of policies guarantee an insured’s approval – regardless of his or her health condition. As long as the premium is paid, the coverage will remain in force.
A Closer Look at Term Life Insurance Coverage Through Mass Mutual Life Insurance Company
Mass Mutual offers term life insurance policies that can fit a number of different needs. With this affordable coverage, individuals may be able to obtain a large amount of benefit for a budget-friendly premium charge. In fact, depending on the insured’s age and health condition at the time of policy application, some of Mass Mutual’s plans can be obtained for under $10 per month.
Most of the term life insurance coverage that is offered by Mass Mutual is level in terms of the premium amount (throughout the specific duration), as well as the amount of death benefit. The company offers term life insurance plans that are for ten or twenty years. (Once the time period – or term – of the level term life insurance policies have elapsed, the amount of the premium will typically increase. This is based primarily on the older age of the insured at that time).
Many of Mass Mutual’s term life insurance policies care “convertible,” which means that the term coverage can be converted over into a permanent life insurance policy. This can be easy for the insured to accomplish, as most of the convertible term life insurance options through Mass Mutual will not require the insured to pass a medical examination – and in some cases, to even prove evidence of insurability.
Other Products Provided by Mass Mutual
In addition to term and permanent life insurance coverage, Mass Mutual Life Insurance Company also offers a wide range of other wealth enhancing and protecting products as well. These include:
- Retirement Annuities – Retirement annuities can provide you with an ongoing, guaranteed income that you cannot outlive. In many ways, annuities can offer peace of mind in knowing that you will have an income stream – regardless of how long you may live. The annuities that are offered via Mass Mutual will allow you to deposit funds directly, and/or to roll funds over from retirement accounts such as a 401(k) plan and/or an IRA (Individual Retirement Account). The money that is inside of an annuity can also grow tax deferred, without the worry of taxation during the annuity’s accumulation period.
- Disability Income Insurance Coverage – For many people, their biggest financial asset is their ability to earn an income. So, if you become disabled, having a disability income insurance policy can help you to ensure that you will still have money coming in for paying your everyday living expenses.
- Investments – There are numerous investments that are offered via Mass Mutual. These can help to grow your savings or investment portfolio, as well as to provide for a retirement income in the future.
- Long Term Care Insurance Coverage – Because many people are living so much longer today than ever before in history, the need for long-term care is great. A long-term care insurance policy can provide the funds that are needed for paying for care in a nursing home or an assisted living facility, as well as for care that is received at your home. Because of this, those who are in need of long-term care do not have to worry about depleting assets – especially if those assets have been earmarked for other financial needs.
- Workplace Benefits – Mass Mutual offers a long list of workplace benefits. As a business owner, offering workplace benefits can help to both attract and to maintain good, quality employees.
- Wealth Management and Trust Services – The wealth management and trust services that are offered through Mass Mutual can help clients to reduce costs such as estate taxes. Doing so can, in turn, allow for hard-earned assets to go to loved ones, rather than to Uncle Sam. Wealth management can essentially put the client in control of what happens with his or her money over time.
Where to Get the Best Premium Quotes on Mass Mutual’s Term Life Insurance Coverage
If you are seeking the best premium quotes on Mass Mutual Life Insurance Company’s term life insurance coverage – or the life insurance coverage from other top carriers – we can help. We are an independent life insurance brokerage, and we work with many of the best term life insurance carriers that are in the marketplace today.
We can provide you with all of the key information that you need for making a well-informed term life insurance buying decision. And, we can do so for you very quickly, easily and conveniently – directly from your home computer – and without you having to meet in person with a life insurance agent. If you are ready to move forward with the process, all you have to do is just simply take a moment to fill in the quote form on this page.
Should you find that you still have any additional questions regarding term life insurance protection for yourself and those you care about, please feel free to call us directly via phone, toll-free, by dialing 877-235-9299.
Our experts are here and available to walk you through any of the questions or concerns that you may have, as well as to assist you with obtaining and comparing premium quotes on term life insurance protection.
We understand that the process of purchasing life insurance may seem to be a bit overwhelming. There are many different variables that you need to consider – and you want to be sure that you are obtaining the proper life insurance policy for your specific needs. But the process can be made some much easier if you have an ally on your side. So, contact us today – we’re here to help.