If you are looking for a $25,000 term life insurance policy, you may be surprised that there are limited choices. Many life insurance companies have minimum coverage amounts of $50,000 or $100,000. In this article I’ll highlight a couple of life insurance companies that do offer $25,000 of coverage and discuss when a medical exam is required and when you wouldn’t need a medical exam. I’ll also provide some examples of pricing in this article.
You can compare rates for yourself right below this paragraph, or continue reading for more information on a $25,000 term life insurance policy.
$25,000 Term Life Insurance Policy: Transamerica Life Insurance
When it comes to looking for a life insurance policy under $100,000, Transamerica is an excellent choice. Transamerica has competitive rates and offers coverage starting at $25,000.
- Issue Ages from 18-80. Yes even if you are in your 70s or 80 years old, you can get a term life policy with Transamerica.
- Ages 18-60 – No medical exam required between $25,000-$99,000
- Ages 61-70 – No medical exam required between $25,000-$50,000
- Transamerica offers term lengths of 10,15,20,25, and 30 years.
Term Life with Transamerica – Examples of Quotes:
For this example, let’s take an example of a 65 Year Old Male Non-Smoker applying for $25,000 of 10,15, and 20 year term.
Here are examples of pricing:
- $25,000 10 Year Term Life for 65 Year Old: $43.73 Monthly
- $25,000 15 Year Term Life for 65 Year Old: $49.85 Monthly
- $25,000 20 Year Term Life for 65 Year Old: $60.11 Monthly
As you can see from these examples, pricing even at age 65 is affordable for term life with Transamerica.
Transamerica No Medical Underwriting:
Between ages 18-70 Transamerica will not require that you have a physical exam to get coverage for any amount under $50,000. They will however request your medical records from your doctor and will use the information in your medical records to make a decision for coverage. Expect about 3-4 weeks for a decision from the time of application.
High Risk Life Insurance without a Medical Exam
One of the benefits of Transamerica is that you can get a policy without a medical exam. Even if are considered “high risk”. For example if you have diabetes, hepatitis C, asthma, Crohn’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), sleep apnea, or other pre-existing conditions, you may still qualify for a policy with Transamerica. Transamerica will order your doctor’s records, and potentially approve you based on previous medical history. Unlike other no medical exam companies that don’t order your medical records and would not approve you in these cases.
In addition if you are in the state of New York, you can get coverage with Transamerica. I bring up NY State specifically because there are very limited options in NY for no medical exam life insurance.
$25,000 Term Life Insurance – Fidelity Life
Here are some highlights of Fidelity Life’s Rapid Decision Express No Medical Life Insurance:
- Anywhere from $25,000 – $250,000 of coverage available.
- Ages 18-65 Available
- Term options for 10,15,20,30 year term depending on age.
Let’s give an example again of a 65 year old looking for $25,000 term life. In this case Fidelity Life will only offer a 10 year term option.
Pricing: $46.07 monthly for a 65 year old male non smoker. A 65 year old female non smoker would pay $33.73 per month.
Differences between Transamerica and Fidelity Life:
- If you need to get coverage quickly, Fidelity Life will take 24 hours to approve you, while Transamerica will take a few weeks.
- Transamerica offers coverage up to age 80, while Fidelity Life offers coverage up to age 65.
- If you have a pre-existing health condition, Fidelity Life is not likely to approve you, while Transamerica will.